Body Art: Tattoos & Piercing
If you are getting a tattoo or piercing,
get it done professionally. If you
cant, make sure you use clean
needles. It is up to you if you want
to tell the tattooist that you are
HIV positiveyou dont have
When you are looking for a safe tattoo
or body piercing, look for these things:
- Make sure the studio is clean
and carpet free.
- Get the artist to show you their
- Make sure the artist wears latex
- Choose a studio that is regularly
cleaned with an autoclave sterilizer.
- Make sure the artist never re-uses
- Get sterilized medical-grade steel
- Find out about aftercare.